Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease your ability to function at work and at home.
Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (inability to sit still, pacing, handwringing)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
How is the STEPS Program customized for an individual?
First, a comprehensive health analysis is performed using the Health-O-Meter assessment, that takes into account all the factors involved in contributing to health imbalances. Experts from relevant fields perform evaluation regarding personality type, contributing stress factors, core beliefs, coping ability and mechanism, lifestyle, sleep quality, laboratory investigations, body type and body structure. A compilation of these expert opinions generates the Health-O-Meter report that helps decide the selection of appropriate therapies to be employed, set health goals to be achieved and a treatment timeline. Periodic reassessments are done and treatments adjusted accordingly by the expert team to ensure the individual is on the right healing path till a balanced health state is achieved.
What therapies are utilized in the STEPS Program?
A customized treatment plan might include a combination of Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Structural Integration Physiotherapy, Reflexology, Nutrition plan, Yoga, and PhiloLife therapy sessions.